The Dell N2024P is a high-performance, 24-port Gigabit Ethernet switch designed to meet the demanding networking needs of modern businesses. With its advanced features and reliable performance, this switch provides a robust foundation for network connectivity. Equipped with Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities, the N2024P is capable of delivering power to connected devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, simplifying installation and reducing the need for additional power sources. Whether used in small to medium-sized enterprises or larger corporate environments, the Dell N2024P offers a scalable and efficient solution for optimizing network performance and enhancing productivity.
Dell N2024P: A Powerful Network Switch for Enterprise Environments
The Dell N2024P is a high-performance network switch designed specifically for enterprise environments. It offers advanced features and capabilities that make it an ideal choice for organizations seeking reliable and efficient networking solutions.
One of the key highlights of the Dell N2024P is its robust design and construction. It boasts a sturdy build quality, ensuring durability and longevity even under demanding conditions. This switch is equipped with 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, providing ample connectivity options for various devices and applications within the network.
The Dell N2024P supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, which allows the switch to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras directly through the Ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for separate power sources and simplifies installation and maintenance processes.
With its Layer 3 routing capabilities, the Dell N2024P enables efficient traffic management and improves network performance. It supports advanced protocols like OSPF and VRRP, allowing for dynamic routing and increased redundancy in the network architecture.
Administrators will appreciate the user-friendly interface provided by Dell’s Networking Operating System (DNOS). It offers comprehensive management tools, making it easier to configure and monitor the switch. Additionally, the N2024P supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), facilitating integration with existing network management systems.
In terms of security, the Dell N2024P includes features such as port security, access control lists (ACLs), and DHCP snooping to safeguard the network against unauthorized access and potential threats. These security measures enhance the overall integrity and reliability of the network.
Dell N2024P Switch
The Dell N2024P switch is a network switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise environments. It offers advanced features and reliable performance to meet the networking needs of modern organizations.
The N2024P switch is part of Dell’s Networking N Series and is equipped with 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide high-speed connectivity for devices such as computers, servers, and other networking equipment. Additionally, it includes two integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ ports, enabling higher bandwidth connections for uplink or stacking purposes.
One notable feature of the Dell N2024P switch is its PoE (Power over Ethernet) capability. This means that it can deliver power to connected devices, such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power sources. The switch supports the IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at PoE standards, providing flexibility for powering various devices.
With its Layer 2 switching capability, the N2024P switch can efficiently handle network traffic and implement VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) for network segmentation. It also supports Quality of Service (QoS) features, allowing administrators to prioritize specific types of network traffic for optimized performance.
The Dell N2024P switch offers additional management and security features. It supports various management protocols, including SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and Telnet, enabling administrators to monitor and configure the switch remotely. The switch also incorporates robust security measures, such as port security, DHCP snooping, and IP source guard, to protect the network against unauthorized access and potential threats.
Dell N2024P Specifications
|24 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)
|Yes, supports PoE+
|Up to 12 switches in a stack
|Quality of Service (QoS)
|Web-based GUI and command line interface (CLI)
|1.7 x 17.3 x 10.1 inches
- The Dell N2024P is a switch model that offers 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It supports Power over Ethernet (PoE+) functionality, allowing devices to receive power and data over the Ethernet connection.
- The switching capacity of this switch is 176 Gbps, enabling fast and efficient data transfer.
- With a forwarding rate of 131 Mpps (million packets per second), it ensures smooth data forwarding within the network.
- The Dell N2024P supports stacking, allowing up to 12 switches to be connected in a stack for increased scalability.
- VLAN support is available, enabling logical segmentation of the network for improved performance and security.
- Quality of Service (QoS) features are included, allowing prioritization of certain types of network traffic.
- It can be managed through a web-based graphical user interface (GUI) or via the command line interface (CLI).
- The dimensions of the Dell N2024P are approximately 1.7 x 17.3 x 10.1 inches, and it weighs around 9.48 lbs.
Note: Please note that the specifications mentioned here are based on general information and may vary depending on the specific model and configuration of the Dell N2024P switch. It’s always recommended to refer to the official documentation or contact Dell for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Dell N2024P Price
The Dell N2024P is a network switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise environments. It offers advanced features and reliable performance at a competitive price point.
The pricing of the Dell N2024P can vary based on factors such as location, vendor, and any additional services or support included. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the Dell N2024P had a list price ranging from $1,350 to $1,800 USD, depending on the configuration and optional features chosen.
It’s important to note that prices may have changed since then due to various factors, including market fluctuations and updated product releases. Hence, it is recommended to check with authorized Dell resellers or the official Dell website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
The Dell N2024P offers numerous benefits, including:
- 24 ports for connecting network devices
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support, providing power to compatible devices
- Gigabit Ethernet speeds for fast data transfer
- Layer 2 switching capabilities for efficient network management
- Enhanced security features to protect against unauthorized access
- Easy deployment and management through Dell’s intuitive networking software
Before making a purchase decision, it is advisable to compare prices from different sources, consider your specific networking requirements, and consult with IT professionals or Dell representatives to ensure that the Dell N2024P meets your organization’s needs within your budget.
Dell N2024P Datasheet
|Managed Gigabit Ethernet switch with PoE+
|24 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with PoE+ support
|Power Over Ethernet
|Supports up to 30.8W per port
|164 Mpps (million packets per second)
|Up to 4096 VLANs supported
|Web-based GUI, CLI (Command Line Interface), SNMP
The Dell N2024P is a managed Gigabit Ethernet switch designed for enterprise networks. It offers 24 Ethernet ports, each supporting data transfer rates of 10/100/1000 Mbps. Additionally, these ports are equipped with Power over Ethernet (PoE+) support, allowing them to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and surveillance cameras.
With a switching capacity of 176 Gbps, the N2024P ensures high-performance connectivity for demanding network environments. It can handle large amounts of data traffic effectively, making it suitable for businesses with high bandwidth requirements.
One notable feature of the Dell N2024P is its VLAN support, which enables network segmentation and improved security by isolating different groups of devices. It supports up to 4096 Virtual LANs (VLANs), providing flexibility in network design and management.
The switch can be managed through a web-based graphical user interface (GUI) or Command Line Interface (CLI), offering administrators different options for configuration and monitoring. SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) is also supported, allowing integration with network management systems.
Dell N2024P Manual
The Dell N2024P is a network switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It offers advanced features and reliable performance to support the networking needs of organizations.
One notable feature of the Dell N2024P is its Power over Ethernet (PoE) capability. This means that it can provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power sources.
The switch supports 24 ports, allowing for multiple devices to be connected simultaneously. It also has two built-in 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, enabling high-speed connectivity to other network switches or routers.
The Dell N2024P offers Layer 2 switching functionality, which enables efficient traffic management and allows for the creation of virtual LANs (VLANs) to segregate network traffic. It supports various network protocols and features, including port mirroring, Quality of Service (QoS) prioritization, and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) for enhanced network stability.
With its web-based management interface, administrators can easily configure and monitor the switch’s settings. The switch also supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), allowing for centralized network management and monitoring.
In terms of reliability, the Dell N2024P incorporates redundant power supply units and fan modules, ensuring uninterrupted operation even in case of hardware failures.
Dell N2024P Review
The Dell N2024P is a network switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses seeking reliable and efficient network connectivity. With its impressive feature set and robust performance, it serves as a valuable asset in modern networking environments.
One of the standout features of the Dell N2024P is its 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which provide ample connectivity options for various devices. Additionally, it offers Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality on 12 of these ports, allowing for convenient power delivery to compatible devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras.
The switch supports advanced Layer 2 switching capabilities, including VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) and link aggregation, enabling administrators to efficiently segment and manage their network traffic. It also features Quality of Service (QoS) support, facilitating the prioritization of critical data streams for enhanced performance.
With its web-based graphical user interface (GUI), the Dell N2024P offers an intuitive management experience. Administrators can easily configure and monitor the switch, set up VLANs, and manage port settings. Furthermore, the switch supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) for integration with third-party network management systems.
In terms of reliability, the Dell N2024P boasts redundant power supply units (PSUs) and hot-swappable fans, ensuring continuous operation and minimizing downtime. The switch’s sturdy build quality and fanless design contribute to its durability, making it suitable for various deployment scenarios.
Dell N2024P Configuration
The Dell N2024P is a network switch that offers advanced features and capabilities for efficient network management. With its 24 ports, including Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, it enables the deployment of network devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras without the need for separate power sources.
The configuration process for the Dell N2024P involves several steps to ensure optimal performance and functionality. Here are some key aspects to consider:
- Accessing the Switch: To begin the configuration, connect to the switch using the console port or through a web interface. Dell provides a web-based graphical user interface (GUI) called the Dell Networking Web GUI, which simplifies the configuration process.
- Management Interface: Configure the management interface to allow remote access to the switch for administration purposes. This can be done through the CLI (Command Line Interface) or the web GUI.
- VLAN Configuration: Set up Virtual LANs (VLANs) to logically segment the network into smaller broadcast domains. VLANs help improve network performance, security, and manageability.
- Port Configuration: Define the settings for individual ports, including speed, duplex mode, and PoE settings if applicable. This allows you to customize the behavior of each port based on your specific network requirements.
- Switch Security: Implement security measures such as configuring passwords, enabling authentication protocols like SSH (Secure Shell), and setting up access control lists (ACLs) to control traffic flow and restrict unauthorized access.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Configure QoS settings to prioritize certain types of network traffic, ensuring critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth and minimizing delays or disruptions.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Enable monitoring features to track network performance, detect issues, and troubleshoot problems effectively. The Dell N2024P offers various management tools and protocols for monitoring and analysis purposes.
The Dell N2024P configuration process requires careful planning and consideration of your specific networking needs. By following best practices and utilizing the available features, you can optimize the switch’s performance and ensure a reliable and secure network infrastructure.
Dell N2024P Features
|The Dell N2024P is a managed Gigabit Ethernet switch.
|It offers 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports with Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities.
|The switch has a power budget of up to 370W, allowing it to provide PoE to connected devices.
|It supports Layer 2 switching functionalities and basic Layer 3 routing.
|The N2024P supports stacking, enabling the combination of multiple switches into a single logical unit.
|It provides various management options, including a web-based GUI, command-line interface (CLI), and SNMP.
|The switch offers features like Access Control Lists (ACLs), DHCP snooping, and Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) for enhanced network security.
|Quality of Service (QoS)
|QoS features allow for prioritization and optimization of network traffic based on user-defined policies.
Dell N2024P Setup
The Dell N2024P is a network switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses. It offers a range of features and capabilities to facilitate efficient network management and connectivity.
Setting up the Dell N2024P involves a few key steps:
- Physical Installation: Begin by selecting an appropriate location for the switch. Ensure proper ventilation and space for cable connections. Mount the switch securely if required.
- Power and Network Connections: Connect the power cord to the switch’s power supply unit, and then plug it into a reliable power source. For network connectivity, use Ethernet cables to connect the switch to your network infrastructure.
- Configuration: Access the switch’s web-based management interface using a supported web browser. Enter the default IP address of the switch in the browser’s address bar and log in with the default credentials (refer to the user manual for details).
- Network Setup: Once logged in, you can configure various network settings such as VLANs, port settings, Quality of Service (QoS), and security features. Customize these settings based on your specific requirements and network environment.
- Monitoring and Management: The Dell N2024P provides monitoring and management capabilities to help you maintain and optimize your network. Use the management interface to monitor performance, view statistics, and manage connected devices.
It is important to consult the product documentation and user manual provided by Dell for detailed instructions and specific guidelines related to the Dell N2024P setup process. Following the recommended best practices will ensure a smooth installation and configuration experience.
Note: This information is based on the knowledge available up until September 2021, and it is always advisable to refer to the most recent documentation provided by Dell for the latest instructions and updates.